The Audire program runs September through May and takes three years to complete. Classes meet once a month on Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Each year of the program includes an instructional retreat weekend in November and a contemplative retreat weekend in June. The second and third years of the program include a supervised internship.
In this first year of training, participants focus on discernment to the call of spiritual direction. Much of the curriculum invites the learner inward, toward their own spiritual journey of development, while developing an understanding of the ministry of spiritual direction and critical interpersonal and communication skills. During this year, candidates participate in large- and small-group learning settings.
- Foster self-awareness
- Broaden one’s experience of God
- Increase an appreciation for differences
- Develop a contemplative stance
The second year of the Audire program marks an induction into the internship portion of the program. Throughout the year, interns grow in their understanding of spiritual direction and its theological assumptions. They also begin seeing directees in a closely supervised context.
- Build on skills acquired in Year 1
- Introduce a model for peer supervision
- Foster a trusting relationship with an individual supervisor
- Begin working with individual directees
In this final year of the program, participants deepen their acquired skills and refine the contemplative-evocative approach to spiritual direction through continued supervised practice.
- Expand topics introduced in Year 2
- Nurture growth in group and individual supervision
- Develop and encourage one’s individual style and gifting
- Broaden the vision of possibility for ministry
Want to meet our faculty? Click here.